Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Rainbow Cake

Pastel Arcoiris  chokolat pimienta

I’m such a fan of rainy days, some folks got the blues but for me days like these are so enchanting, with that fresh and hazy atmosphere, and it’s a great excuse to use my sweaters or stay at home in my PJ’s all day, but you know what’s the best thing ever?! When sunshine comes by, enlighten some of the scenery and rainbows began to appear… woo-hoo! I love them! rainbows put me in a good mood, they make me feel like there’s always something else, an opening for hope… after a storm always comes something wonderful… I know, I know it’s kind of clichéd but that pleasant feeling rainbow brings, I’m sure is just not me but for everybody and Today I’m showing you how to make your own Rainbow Cake with the help of Betty Crocker, to have something to comfort ourselves and our loved ones in those cloudy days! 

Pastel Arcoiris  chokolat pimienta

This Rainbow Cake is a beauty and it’s so easy to do, that even kids at home can help and truly love the whole process of preparing and eating a cake, and with those playful and vivid colors who wouldn’t love to join the fun and madness in coloring the batters and baking at least for a day! this Rainbow Cake is the ideal sweet treat for Autumn…or Spring… or even for a Birthday party! I’m sure you’ll love this cake :D

To make this Rainbow Cake we need to peek a little on past memories, when we were little, and let ourselves go and enjoy, and obviously with Betty Crocker you have the confidence in saying “I CAN DO IT” because there are no limits, the important thing is getting inspired and feel comfortable in your own kitchen, no matter the skills, no matter anything, really! 


Can I tell you a secret? I achieved that super bright and intense red hue by adding a spoonful of cocoa powder to the batter, in doing that I used less red food coloring and I totally loved how the red cake turned out, just the way I wanted it ;D As you can see the cake was so tall, and was 5.9” wide, I used some wooden dowel rods, to stack and bear the weight of the layers above while covering :D 

Pastel Arcoiris  chokolat pimienta

Rainbow Cake

Vanessa Hernández
Published 11/04/2015

French vanilla super moist cake filled with cream cheese but you cut into it and a colorful and cheery cake is revealed! The ideal cake for hazy days… with the help of Betty Crocker :D

Ingredients

Cake

  • 1 ½ boxes of Super Moist French Vanilla  Cake Mix by Betty Crocker ®
  • 1 ½ cup of water
  • ¾ cup of vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs + 1 egg white
  • Food coloring; red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.
  • Cocoa powder, optional



Cream Cheese Filling & Frosting
  • 950 grs (33.5 oz.) of cream cheese
  • 2 cups of icing sugar 
  • 1 cup of Chantilly cream 
  • 1 tbsp. of vanilla


Instructions

  1. Preheat oven over 350ºF (180ºC).
  2. Put the French vanilla cake mix, the water, the oil and eggs into a bowl and mix until well combined.
  3. Divide equally the mixture in 6 parts. Color every batter in a different color, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
  4. Pour each color in a different pan, I used 5.9” pans.
  5. Bake every cake at 350ºF (180ºC) for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
  6. To make the cream cheese frosting and filling, put in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment the cream cheese, the icing sugar, the Chantilly cream and the vanilla and mix until light and fluffy, reserve for later.
  7. Let cool your cakes entirely, first put a layer of cake and cover with a generous amount of your cream cheese filling, put a layer of cake on top and cover in the same manner, repeat until you finish with the last layer cake. To make this process easier you can use some wooden dowel rods to bear the weight of all the consecutive layers. Check out the video and don’t miss a thing! 
  8. Cover your cake with the same cream cheese mixture and garnish with some confetti sprinkles. Keep it in the fridge until serving.

Yield: A 5.9” Cake
Prep Time: 02 hrs. 00 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 2 hrs. 20 mins.
Tags: Rainbow Cake, Rainbow, Colors, Fun Cake, Vanilla, Betty Crocker, Ideal Cake, Cream Cheese Frosting, French Vanilla.

Hope you make it at home. If you’re happy with the results don’t forget to tag me on Instagram with #Chokolatpimienta, you have no idea how happy that makes me, if you’re craving for some recipe and want me to show you how to do it write me in any of my social network sites and I’ll be glad to make it for you! Have a pleasant baking day, Chokolovers C:  


Hugs everybody… For more recipes, tips, any questions or comments visit Chokolat Pimienta’s Youtube Channel and don’t forget to Like & SHARE! :D

2 comments:

Millate said...

This specific Range Meal is often a splendor along with it’s simple to perform, that will perhaps little ones in your house may help along with actually enjoy the full technique of getting ready along with having a new meal.

Vanessa Hernandez said...

Tks @Millate ;)

Printfriendly