Put your hand up if you’re already craving one of these scrumptious Passion Fruit Crème Brûlèe, uh-huh! Right off the oven, at home for this Friday is asking for some action folks! A sweet treat, super easy, rich and tasty… and it is tastier by the minute with a hint of white wine… and pair that culinary experience with a bottle of the same wine, uh-uh…not a glass BUT the whole wine bottle! ;D
It’s just that, a good bottle of wine is the right accent to good times, and ideal for celebrations too. And I’m in festive mode because Monte Xanic (a prestigious château in Baja California) with ChokolatPimienta (me) are going to keep collaborating for another year, so be prepared for decadent and tasteful recipes and much more! These Crème Brûlèes go great combined with a drop of Chenin Blanc by Monte Xanic, which is a fruity white wine, somewhat sweet that pair beautifully with desserts, a trace of passion fruit to make even more exotic this mixture, and there you have it 2+2= Passion Fruit Crème Brûlèe!
And Crème Brûlèe is one of my favorite sweet desserts, its ingredients are SO basic, and at the same time SO rich, that simplicity is what makes it so popular, I just wanted to pumped it up a bit to make it more unique n_n
To create a Crème Brûlèe that is not a regular vanilla bean crème brûlèe is easy! …you’ll see instead of having good-old blood running through my veins there’s passion fruit in there, clearly was natural to me to match my crème brûlèe with passion fruit pulp! Believe it or not, this Crème Brûlèe has a delicate taste, and with the white wine and the caramel glass on top, is OUT OF THIS WORLD! *-*
I’ve told you already, that We don’t have to complicate things in order to have delightful desserts at the table! You can omit the passion fruit if you don’t have at hand, Crème Brûlèe is also tasty as it is ;D and if you’re about to tell me “…but I don’t have the torch to make the caramel”, don’t trouble yourself, you can sprinkle the sugar on top as usual and put your Crème Brûlèe under the oven burner for 5 minutes, and voilà! Here’s the recipe for your own Passion Fruit Crème Brûlèe, and remember; keep calm and drink wine! Cook, bake and enjoy!
Passion Fruit Crème Brûlée
Be kinky and give a twist to the classical Crème Brûlèe with some passion fruit and white wine, and never forget the brittle caramelized topping!
- Preheat oven at 350ºF (180ºC).
- Place the cream, the passion fruit pulp, the vanilla bean and its pulp in a small saucepan and cook until bubbles starts to appear.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Pour a small amount of the hot cream into the egg mixture, and whisk to combine, repeat procedure until both mixtures are all perfectly combined.
- Transfer the Passion Fruit Crème Brûlée into ramekins, and place in a deep pan, pour boiling water enough to fill halfway the sides of the ramekins, and bake the Passion Fruit Crème Brûlée for 25-30 minutes or until they’re set, they must wobble slightly in the center when shaken.
- Remove the pan from oven, let cool and chill before serving.
- Sprinkle sugar over each ramekin and pass the flame above the surface until the sugar bubbles, caramelized and gets crispy.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.
Tags: Crème Brûlée, Passion Fruit, White Wine, French Desserts, Burnt Cream, Monte Xanic, Classical Desserts, Desserts Recipes, French Cuisine, Vanilla, Festive Recipes.
Hugs everybody… For more recipes, tips, any questions or comments visit Chokolat Pimienta’s Youtube Channel and don’t forget to Like & SHARE! :D