Who said this blog is just for sugar junkies, huh? Today’s recipe is for those craving for flavorful and low-carb recipes and these Pork Lettuce Wraps Korean Style are beyond divine, they’re so light but also a great way to fend off food cravings for the day! It’s been awhile since these lettuce wraps have become one of the preferred dishes at home… the first time I made them was for a special edition of Kena a food magazine… and from those early years, both my hubbie and I enjoy this wonderful dish!… and let me tell you He’s not that into lettuce and veggies so I guess He asking for Pork Lettuce Tacos is a good sign!
When talking about lettuce wraps or tacos, what comes to mind perhaps is not THE authentic Asian Cuisine but delicious meals wrapped in lettuce makes appearances in Korean, Vietnamese and Thai cuisines, since I’m such a fan of Korean drama series and food is a major feature in most of them, the inspiration came by watching them eat galbi with an outstanding number of fixings like fermented veggies, and lettuce, I immediately loved the idea, at that time I only had ground pork in the fridge, so I tried that out and it turned out great!... and hey! why fix something when it’s not broken, right?
Don’t be deceived by the looks of these Asian Style Lettuce and Pork Tacos because they are filling enough to fight hunger for hours! Try them out with a hint of sriracha sauce for a spicy touch, mouthwatering!
Asian Style Lettuce and Pork Tacos
Casual and delicious pork wrapped in crisp lettuce… a Korean fusion to spark your day!
- In a wok or a large skillet heat the oil over high heat until shimmering, add the ground pork, with the white part of the spring onions and minced garlic and sauté, add the soy sauce and the ginger, cumin and pepper, and cook stirring occasionally until golden.
- Add the green part of spring onions and the cilantro when pork is cooked through and tender, and off the heat!
- Wash and pat dry your lettuce leaves and reserve.
- Julienne some carrots, arrange some lime wedges and chop some extra cilantro.
- Place those ingredients, the pork, and lettuce leaves in separate dishes for people to assemble their own tacos.
Yield: 10 tacos
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 1 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 21 mins.
Tags: Wraps, Lettuce Wraps, Pork Wraps, Low-Carb Dishes, Korean Cuisine.
Hope you make it at home. If you’re happy with the results don’t forget to tag me on Instagram with #Chokolatpimienta, you have no idea how happy that makes me, if you’re craving for some recipe and want me to show you how to do it write me in any of my social network sites and I’ll be glad to make it for you! Have a pleasant baking day, Chokolovers
Hugs everybody… For more recipes, tips, any questions or comments visit Chokolat Pimienta’s Youtube Channel and don’t forget to Like & SHARE!