And now to say goodbye in a proper manner to Summer but also to farewell those pleasing berries that helped Us to sweetened Summer and refresh ourselves I bring this scrumptious and colorful recipe of *drum rolls* Strawberry Ombre Cheesecake, perhaps some of you might wondering ‘ombre?’ but let me tell you that nope… this dessert has anything to do with hair, promise, ‘ombre’ means ‘shadow’ in french, so in case you were wondering the origin of this particular and trendy term used in hairdressing… and now in the world of pastries and desserts, well, there you have its meaning… And yup, now you can certainly imagine the way this beautiful cheesecake might look like in a shaded reddish hue! *-*
By now, I’m sure you noticed how much I LOVE strawberries to death, therefore I decided to take advantage not only of their tasteful and subtle sweetness but also of their striking shade of red so this No-Bake Strawberry Ombre Cheesecake definitely couldn’t be any prettier.
You can make your No-Bake Strawberry Ombre Cheesecake as a regular size cake or in individual portions, this way you can not only control the amount of servings you are eating (in case you’re worry about that) BUT also they look so sophisticated for an evening with friends because they’re so cute without compromising the taste and richness of this Strawberry Ombre Cheesecake. Try out making it with strawberries, raspberries, blackberries or even blueberries, nom nom nom such a delight and those colors phew! A-MA-ZING! You can also use frozen berries, and on top use a jam or a syrup of the particular berry you prefer.
No Bake Strawberry Ombre Cheesecake
This velvety and eye catching cheesecake in a reddish gradient with the delicate sweetness of strawberries will take your breath away entirely!
- For the crust, grind the Graham crackers in a food processor, pour the ground crackers in a bowl; stir in the sugar. Add the butter and stir until well combined. Measure 1 cup of the mix and press the crust into the bottom of the acetate lined pan, these will help you to unmold the cake, if you have a springform pan you can skip the acetate sheets because your life is already easier than some of us hahah :P Chill in the fridge in the meantime.
- For the cheesecake batter, begin by pouring half of water to the gelatin powder, wait until the gelatin is absorbed, microwave the mix for 10 seconds or until the gelatin is melted. Set aside in the meantime in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk paddle mix your cream cheese with the icing sugar and the condensed milk, lastly add the whipping cream. Once is thoroughly combined add the unflavored gelatin and the vanilla extract, whisk for a last time. If you don’t have a stand mixer you can use your electric blender instead ;D
- Divide the cheesecake batter in 4 equal parts, pour the first layer as it is over the crust. Chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes or until is firm.
- Meanwhile pour the rest of the water to the strawberry gelatin powder you can add a little extra of water if it’s needed and obvs repeat the same procedure you used with the unflavored gelatin powder. Mix the strawberry gelatin with the strawberry purée and mix meticulously in tiny amounts with the other two parts of the cheesecake batter, one should be pinkish and the other one in a reddish hue, don’t use all your strawberry gelatin! Just a half of it, the other half of the strawberry gelatin will be used as the top layer, giving a super strawberryish red tone!
- Once the white layer is set and firm, add the pink cheesecake layer, 20 more minutes in the fridge or until firm and repeat the process until the top layer, which would be the super strawberryish red layer! And then refrigerate about 3 hours to set before unmolding your No-Bake Strawberry Ombre Cheesecake.
- Garnish with more strawberries, some blackberries and mint leaves on top.
Yield: 6 inch (16cm) cake
Prep Time: 04 hrs. 00 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 4 hrs. 0 mins.
Tags: Cheesecake, Ombre, Strawberries, No-Bake, Strawberry Cheesecake, Cold Desserts, Desserts, Graham Crackers.
Hugs everybody… For more recipes, tips, any questions or comments visit Chokolat Pimienta’s Youtube Channel and don’t forget to Like & SHARE! :D