Friday, September 25, 2015

Bourride Provençal Fish Soup

Bourride Provençal Fish Soup

I adore French Cuisine, just don’t ask why!... it’s an old love, I suppose is something from a past life, hahah…Thing is that my love for it is so real and pure that I can only imagine making this Bourride to join the celebration for the 90 years of Le Creuset, and Today’s recipe is SO easy that you shouldn’t hesitate in making it at home (: 


Bourride is a succulent, rich in texture fish stew from the Provençal region in south France, yup…next to the Mediterranean Sea, which can give you a hint on how this soup must taste like. The Bourride is usually thickened with an aïoli that is sauce of garlic and egg yolk, like a homemade mayonnaise but is beyond divine! The Bourride is a rustic soup which means is easy-to-do and rich in flavor granted by all the spices that goes inside the pot with the fish stock and so. I’m sure you’ll love Bourride, too.
Bourride Provençal Fish Soup

And this is a special entry, because at least for me Le Creuset stopped being the brand behind the super cute and great quality pots to become a much more complex and meaningful thing. For me, celebrating Le Creuset in its 90 anniversary is like celebrating a very dear family member, does that sound strange to you? Allow me to explain myself… when I started this blog they were the first to trust they’re products to me, to believe in my skills and perhaps even in my dream… In that way Le Creuset became a big part of my daily work, the perfect journey companion but overall what I appreciate more is the feeling that my efforts and work were acknowledged by them, my gosh!!! a huge thing to say that I shiver only to think of it!! Greatest feeling, for sure! n_n

When I knew that I was going to be a part of the worldwide gala for Le Creuset I was anxious to find THE RIGHT DISH, that exceptional and marvelous dish to play tribute to that being that succeed in forming a tight bond right through my heart. For days, I felt nothing was good enough to honor them. Happily, I remembered that there is nothing that suit better a table than an effortless dish, that its natural simplicity can allow us to chat and laugh while preparing it, that is pleasing and mouthwatering… that’s the perfect homely dish! one of those dishes that are great to share in a big table with people we love… and the level of richness, is measured by the number of stories being told, with the noisy atmosphere, the laughs, the connectedness between people. And behind that pompous name or the excessive amount of ingredients, the Bourride is an effortless and docile dish. So no hesitations, it really is easy-to-do… This was my very first time preparing a Bourride and like me I’m sure it will become a very dear plate at your home too.


Bourride Provençal Fish Soup

Vanessa Hernández
Published 09/25/2015
This classic dish from French Cuisine… with its effortless nature this succulent fish soup thickened with aïoli goes perfect with homely and intimate fêtes.

Ingredients


Aïoli

  • 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
  • 1 cup of olive oil

  • Soup

  • 4 tbsp. of olive oil
  • 1 tsp. of dill seeds
  • ¼ tsp. of Cayenne pepper
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 leeks, finely chopped (just the white part)
  • 2 onions, finely chopped
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 bay leaf  
  • 1½ cups of white wine
  • 4 cups of fish stock
  • 250 grs (8.9 oz.) of shrimp, peeled and clean
  • 200 grs (7 oz.) of mussels
  • ½ tsp. of saffron
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 tbsp. of parsley, to garnish
  • 1 baguette, toasted to serve with the soup


  • Instructions

    1. To make aïoli, whisk lemon juice, garlic, egg yolk and salt in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until thick; off the heat and drizzle in oil and keep whisking until the sauce is emulsified. Set aside.
    2. To make the soup, heat oil in a cocotte over low heat. Cook the vegetables until soft, about 15 minutes. Add all of your spices like saffron, bay leaf, the cayenne pepper, dill seeds and so.
    3. Add the wine; simmer until reduced about 10 minutes. Add fish stock and boil.
    4. Strain the vegetables and scum from the broth; return to the cocotte and add the fish, shrimp and mussels. Cook for 5 minutes until fish is firm, shrimp are pink and mussels are open. Divide the fish, shrimp and mussels in the bowls to serve.
    5. Whisk half of the aïoli to the broth, stir thoroughly. Cook until slightly thick. Ladle some of the broth over fish, mussels and shrimp bowls. Garnish with parsley; serve with toasted baguette.


    Yield: 1 big Cocotte!
    Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
    Cook time: 00 hrs. 45 mins.
    Total time: 75 mins.
    Tags: Bourride, Fish Stew, French Cuisine, Sète, Provençal Dishes, Mediterranean Cuisine, Rustic Dishes, Aïoli, Le Creuset, Le Creuset 90 years, Dishes to Celebrate.

    Bourride Provençal Fish Soup

    See, easier done than said! … Sometimes french language makes everything sound classy, so classy that make some of us feel insecure, but Bourride is mega easy to make and SO GOOD and tasty, you’ll see! 

    If you’re craving for some recipe and want me to show you how to do it write me in any of my social network sites and I’ll be glad to make it for you! Have a pleasant weekend, you all C: 

    Hugs everybody… For more recipes, tips, any questions or comments visit Chokolat Pimienta’s Youtube Channel and don’t forget to Like & SHARE! :D

    Bourride Provençal Fish Soup

    No comments:

    Printfriendly