Friday, August 28, 2015

Mexican Creamy Corn Soup with Jalapeño

Mexican Creamy Corn Soup with Jalapeño


Hi again Chokolovers, as you can see by now, this week I’m sharing two savory recipes and I was thinking that is only fair to try different things, am I right? …and even I truly enjoy sweet treats in life one can’t simply go around eating only sweets, am I right? This recipe is the perfect example of how Mexican cuisine has been adopting me little by little… or am I the one adopting Mexican cuisine?... Well, thing is that Today’s recipe is Mexican in its own right but this Creamy Corn Soup also has a tiny amount of Jalapeño pepper, and it was just a little because Jalapeño and Mexican cuisine can be really spicy for us foreigners living in México :P



I was craving for this Mexican Creamy Corn Soup with Jalapeño for days! And you have no idea how much and even though it seemed unreasonable for the hot humid weather of the town I’m living I was ready to resolve that craving! And I don’t know what got into me that I was ready to chop the entire Jalapeño to spice things up! I ultimately finished adding half of a jalapeño, I wanted a cheeky hint of chili in my soup, now my taste buds are quite trained for spicy chilies, but they are definitely not as sharply trained as most Mexican folks I know hahah

Mexican Creamy Corn Soup with Jalapeño


You can add more, a little less or not jalapeño at all to your soup. Tasting my Mexican Creamy Corn Soup, I felt as if it was not enough jalapeño in it, but my husband tried the soup and felt it was too hot and spicy for him. But let’s face it, he’s not familiarized yet with spicy agents in the food, even Cheetos are too spicy and hot for him, really… :-\

I made my soup in this über preeeetty pink poêlon from Le Creuset, I truly love those hints of pink all over my kitchen, this poêlon is perfect in a dinner for two, is made of cast iron and it has a life warranty, like most of Le Creuset products! Is perfect for sauces, soups, gravies and even fondues…. One of the perks of cast iron utilities at the kitchen is that they keep food hot for a few hours, hence your Mexican Creamy Corn Soup with Jalapeño will be warm and ready to serve. If you like the idea of this new saucepan you can get it here … I also leave you with the video of this magnificent recipe that goes perfectly paired with this essential utility of the kitchen, in the video you can see more to detail this pretty pink saucepan, you can fall in love with it and order your very own Le Creuset pink saucepan ;D



Creamy Corn Soup with Jalapeño

Vanessa Hernández
Published 08/28/2015
With one of the prototypical and central ingredients in Mexican Cuisine, this creamy corn soup is beyond divine! Also with a hint of jalapeño just to spice things up a little.

Ingredients




  • 1 tbsp. of olive oil
  • ¼ cup of onion
  • 1 tbsp. of butter
  • 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
  • 1 cup of chicken broth
  • 1 cup of low-fat cream
  • 300 grs of natural yellow corn, or canned corn
  • ½ jalapeño
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Cilantro, for garnish
  • Instructions


    1. Put in a saucepan the olive oil and butter, then add the finely chopped onion and sauté until onion is soft about 5 minutes. Use medium to high heat and putting extra care into not burning the butter, butter has a low smoke point, so we must be careful.
    2. Add the potato and chicken broth, stir well and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the corn grains and the cream, cook for two minutes and add the jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the potato is soft and tender.
    3. When the potato is well cooked about 5-10 minutes, off the heat and leave to cool but not completely, then blend until smooth.
    4. Then pour again the creamy soup to the saucepan and let it simmer for a few minutes.
    5. To serve your Mexican Creamy Corn Soup with Jalapeño put some extra corn grains and cilantro on top.


    Yield: 2 servings
    Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
    Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
    Total time: 30 mins.

    Tags: Soup, Creamy Soup, Corn, Jalapeño, Mexican Cuisine, Le Creuset, Pink Poêlon, Pink Saucepan.

    Kisses my dear Chokolovers and see you next Wednesday my dear Chokolovers with a new delicious recipe… For more recipes, tips, any questions or comments visit Chokolat Pimienta’s Youtube Channel and don’t forget to Like & SHARE! :D

    Mexican Creamy Corn Soup with Jalapeño

    No comments:

    Printfriendly