Friday, July 17, 2015

Strawberry Tartlet

Tartaleta de Fresas

It’s raining strawberries, guys! And with them lots of memories from my childhood come to my mind…This time with a Strawberry Tartlet for me it has the perfect combination of a crispy shortcrust pastry, filled with a customary vanilla pastry cream and strawberries, it has everything! It’s definitely one of my favorite desserts of all time, and Today I show you how to make your own Strawberry Tartlet, it’s super easy to do and I guarantee the results! nom nom nom n_n

Tartaleta de Fresas

When I was little, mom always took me to the very same Bakery shop I told you last entry… the one where she always got me my favorite birthday cake… Well, we went there at least once a month and every time I entered that bakery was like entering another world, it was full of beautiful cakes and pastries, I always eat the same a Napoleon and a Strawberry Tartlet, the plan was to get them and eat them at home together but sometimes I ate mine in minutes. So now you know why Strawberry Tartley are my favorite. Let’s start baking! Shall we?



Strawberry Tartlet

By Vanessa Hernández
Published 07/13/2015
A shortcrust pastry base, buttery and crispy, filled with a traditional and exceptional vanilla pastry cream, covered with strawberries and hints of raspberries and mint ;-)


Ingredients
  • 2 cups of all-purpose flour
  • ¼ of icing sugar (you can use granulated instead)
  • 150 grs butter, unsalted
  • 2-3 tbsp. of water, cold
  • Pastry Cream
  • Strawberries
  • Raspberries
  • Apricot jam
  • Mint leaves

Instructions

  1. Make the crust, this base works for other tarts or tartlets for is a basic dough. In a food processor blend the flour and the sugar, add the cold butter slice by slice, then add the water until moist crumb form, this will take you like 3 minutes, see, it’s super quick and easy to do! 
  2. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate at least an hour or until is harden. 
  3. Preheat the oven over 350ºF (180ºC). Transfer your dough to an 8inch (20cm) tart pan. You can prick the crust all over or cover the dough with wax paper and put some weight on it, I usually use bean and chickpeas as weight baking tart crusts. Bake over 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool before assembling.
  4. Spread the Pastry Cream, and add whole strawberries, just remember to remove the stem of the strawberries :P and put some raspberries in the tiny gaps.
  5. Heat the apricot jam in a microwave for 20 seconds, and use the jam to brush the Strawberry Tartlet it will look shiny and taste even sweeter, garnish with some mint leaves.
  6. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Rinde: An 8inch (20cm) tart.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 50 mins.
Tags: Strawberry Tarts, Desserts, Tart, Strawberries, Pastry, Crust, Pastry Cream, Raspberries.

Hope you have a lovely weekend and keep baking! This week I left you with a couple of hyper easy ones to do, kisses Chokolovers!

See you next week. For more recipes, tips, any questions or comments visit my Youtube Channel and SHARE! :D

Tartaleta de Fresas

No comments:

Printfriendly