Hi Chokolovers, we bid farewell to July with not only a heavenly scrumptious but a super fun No-Bake Sparkling Frozen Chocolate Mousse (Pop Rocks Chocolate Mousse), yup… you heard well! This mousse provides an explosion in your mouth and I’m not talking about the velvety, rich and over the top experience of dark chocolate only, but the real chemical explosion you’ll have as soon pop rocks reach your tongue, the crust of this chocolate mousse is mixed with some hyper fun pop rocks, and yup, those babies don’t know how to behave!
Who wasn’t fond of pop rocks as kids, right? I LOVE how they sound and pop in my mouth haha and if you’re mixing it with a chocolate mousse like this one, it really becomes a sensational experience. The crust for this Pop Rocks Chocolate Mousse is made out of Graham crackers, brown butter and is in the crust where we put the pop rocks and once you grab a bite of this No-Bake Sparkling Frozen Chocolate Mousse crazy things will happen in your mouth ;-)
No Bake Sparkling Frozen Chocolate Mousse
Incomparable silky chocolate mousse, one that you can freeze and with the old good and super fun pop rocks reaching a really explosive and surprising experience to your palate!
- For the crust, ground the Graham crackers in a food processor, pour the ground crackers in a bowl; stir in the ground almonds. Add the brown butter and stir until well combined, then you sprinkle one of the bags of pop rocks. Press the crust into the bottom of a 6 inch (16cm) acetate lined pan, these will help you to unmold the cake, if you have a springform pan you can skip the acetate sheets and freeze it while making the chocolate mousse.
- For the chocolate mousse, put the chocolate in a double bath until the chocolate is silky and completely melted, in the meantime pour part of the whipping cream to the gelatin powder, wait until the gelatin is absorbed, microwave the mix for 10 seconds or until the gelatin has melted.
- Once your chocolate is melted off the bain-Marie (double bath), mix the gelatin to the rest of the whipping cream, add some rum or vanilla extract and mix with the dark chocolate.
- Now it’s time to add the other bag of pop rocks to your crust and gently pour the chocolate mousse into the pan. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unmold your No-Bake Sparkling Frozen Chocolate Mousse, dress with a coat of cocoa powder and garnish with some macadamia nuts.
Yield: A 6 inch (16cm) chocolate mousse.
Prep Time: 04 hrs. 30 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 4 hrs. 40 mins.
Tags: Chocolate, Mousse, Pop Rocks, Dessert, Frozen Mousse, Fun Desserts, Rum, Macadamias, Delicacies, No-Bake, No-Bake Desserts, Sparkling.
I’m telling you, that each and every flavor incorporated to this No-Bake Sparkling Frozen Chocolate Mousse is tasted, from the brown butter, to the way the rum changes and spice the chocolate in a very delicate way, you have no idea how good this piece of heavenly decadence is, and yet boom! the stricken rumble of the popping candy! If this is to much for you, you can omit them but this experiment really took this sophisticated dessert to another level, and make the whole experience an exciting rarity! n_n
Try to make this at home, is so easy and the little ones will adore the whole charade with the pop rocks if it’s too silly for your taste you can skip it but I find amusing the clashing with the fun and childish with the mature, but yet with or without it is succulent experience.
See you next week. For more recipes, tips, any questions or comments visit my Youtube Channel and SHARE! :D