This weekend could be extra comfy with this super easy and delish recipe. When I made this cake I was thinking about all the busy mums around the globe, I’m not a mom but I remember watching some friends of mine struggling with time, perhaps “lack” of skills (as they call it) but genuinely desiring to make something cute and special for their kids. Today we’re going to cheat our way through this cake, we’re going to turn a prefab cake mix into a secretly extra special vanilla cake with confetti so you can spoil your kiddies and grownups at home without having to spend your whole day at the kitchen.
In this recipe we’re going to use a vanilla cake mix bought right from the supermarket, we’re going to change it into something yummy adding some colored sprinkles and a white chocolate and cream cheese filling. It’s going to be something special, I promise! You’ll learn how to make beautiful desserts in the easiest and quickest way possible. Even if you’re not so familiar with bakery this cake will look and taste spectacular.
This recipe is also a revelation from the past because when I was small I loved cooking and being around mommy in the kitchen, but my mother had her ways of pampering me and not destroying my fantasies and well... She used to buy me these kind of prefab cake mixes so I could feel like a real baker, it was easy and fun. Now I cherish those memories and this recipe in part is that, an homage to those happy recollections of me with my mom baking. And this is precisely what I want; sharing my recipes with you so you and your children ties those binds through a sweet and lovely recipe.
This super easy and secretly extra special vanilla cake with confetti can be used for birthday parties, for some last minute party at school or with acquaintances, unexpected reunions and it’s ready to go in less than an hour, perhaps a little more if you don’t have the ingredients at hand ;-P
A Secretly Extra Special Vanilla Cake with Confetti
I invite you to celebrate this day and make it special [this Children’s day], having fun and a slice or two… or perhaps three of this vanilla cake with confetti because it’s soooo good and it’s the easiest and quickest of all the old west, yeeha! Jk :-D
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- ½ cup of colored sprinkles
- 2 cups of white chocolate
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 7 oz. of unsalted butter
- 3 ½ oz. of cream cheese
- Powdered sugar at taste
- 1 tbsp. of white vanilla extract
- To make the vanilla cake, you just need to follow the directions right on the back of your vanilla cake box, usually is just mixing in a bowl the cake mix with some water, oil and most prefab cake mixes goes with an egg but some don’t… so be sure to read carefully the instructions of the cake mix you chose!
- Mix your sprinkles with some flour, this is an important step so your sprinkles get distributed evenly all around your cake THEN add it to the prefab cake mix and pour the batter into a large pan.
- Bake it following the box instructions, mine was in the oven for 35 minutes and over 350ºF (180ºC). Allow the cake to cool entirely before cutting.
- To make the white chocolate and cheese cream filling, first put the white chocolate and the whipping cream in a bowl and melt it in a bain-Marie (water bath), when it’s completely melted put away and refrigerate the ganache until firm.
- In the meantime use your electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, the butter and some powdered sugar… then add your white chocolate ganache, mix until smooth and is ready to go!
- Now we’re set to make pretty and unique this cake! First put a layer of cake and cover with some of your filling cream, you can add some macarons, chunks of cookies or tiny pieces of chocolate bars to add some texture between layers, repeat until you finish with all of your layers, I used a 6” round metal cake cutter to cut layers for this cake so it will be a tall and pretty cake. It looks more polish and pro this way! ;-)
- Let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour this will allow the cake to be solid and built, now you only need to garnish your cake with a little bit of the icing you prepare and more sprinkles to make it look extra appealing for your kids.
Yield: Two 6” cakes.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 35 mins.
Total time: 55 mins.
Tags:Recipe, Cake, Confetti, Vanilla cake, Celebrations, Easy bakes, Easy cake, Lifehacks, Sprinkles.
I used some French macarons I had in the fridge, you can add chunks of cookies, some soft candies, pieces of some chocolate that your kids prefer, etc. I’m sure you’ll make the most of this easy recipe and surprise everybody. This vanilla cake is super practical and nobody will notice that is some prefab cake mix.
Again, for any doubt watch the video below, AGAIN for any doubt you can contact me directly on the blog or at my Youtube Channel. I’m going to make sure you learn how to make the prettiest, easiest and fastest cake of all.
Ciao everybody, see you next time with another recipe to make your life easier, tastier or even exotic with the craziness I love to put in some dishes ;-)