Friday, June 12, 2015

OAT Hot Cakes

OAT Hot Cakes

Hi Guys & Gals! Friday is here! And today I’m gonna show you how to make these super healthy and delish Oat Hot Cakes… when I made this recipe I never thought it will be soo good, I must admit it was a nice surprise and you’re about to learn how to make them yourself and try how yummy they really are! n_n


I can’t recall if I told you that some while ago some gluten free flours came thru post mail for me to give it a go. I was so curious indeed to test them and this Oat Hot Cakes is the result of the firsts trials, hahaha. I must admit that these gluten free alternatives aren’t so common here in Mexico or at least on the town I'm currently living :-P Even so, I was going to make something out of it, right? So I adapted my pancakes classic recipe, the one I use every Sunday morning and… Voilà a master piece for the senses!

OAT Hot Cakes

Perhaps you could ask if oat is really gluten free. Well, by nature oat is gluten free but sometimes it can contaminate (cross-contamination) because most of the factories that process oat to turn them into oatmeal also treat wheat and that’s why some oatmeal aren’t entirely gluten free.


Eating oatmeal has a lot of benefits including: 
  1. Lower Cholesterol Levels.
  2. Unique Oat Antioxidants Reduce Risk of Cardiovascular Disease.
  3. Prevent Heart Failure with a Whole Grains Breakfast.
  4. Enhance Immune Response to Infection.
  5. Stabilize Blood Sugar.
  6. Fiber from Whole Grains and Fruit Protective against Breast Cancer.



Oat Hot Cakes
Vanessa Hernández
Published 06/12/2015

This Oat, Coconut & Amaranth Hot Cakes with an incredible consistency and mega tasty adds the nutrients required for your kiddos and also for the grown-ups at home!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup of Oatmeal flour
  • ¼ of cup of Coconut flour
  • ¼ of cup of Amaranth flour
  • 3 tbsp. of Coconut sugar or honey
  • ¼ tsp. of Xanthan gum
  • ½ tsp. of Baking powder
  • 1 pinch of Salt
  • 1 cup of Almond milk
  • 1 egg or 2 tbsp. of ground flaxseed
  • Cinnamon (optional)
  • Vanilla (optional)

Instructions


  1. Put in a bowl all your dry ingredients, combine well. You can add some ground cinnamon it will give a special touch to your mix. Also if you prefer you can replace the coconut sugar for honey or the sweetener you want.
  2. Gradually add the milk and the egg, add some vanilla, this is optional I throw some vanilla because I love it. The mixture must be thick, if you need to add a little more of milk go ahead! ;-)
  3. In a skillet on medium low heat throw some butter and pour some of the batter to it, cook until the edges are baked and the bubbles start to appear through all the surface of your pancake, flip your pancake in the air jk, flip your pancake and cook the other side.
  4. Pair them with fresh fruit and some maple syrup or plain honey. 
As you can see, this Oat Hot Cakes formula is almost the same as the traditional whole wheat pancakes, just a few ingredients extra but they add nutrients and flavor to your daily diet and like I said, your belly will feel so much lighter ;-)


Rinde: 7-8 medium pancakes
Prep Time: 0 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
Tags: Pancakes, Healthy Breakfast, Oatmeal, Nutritive, Gluten Free Flours, Sugary Mornings, Gluten Free, Oatmeal Flour, Coconut Flour, Amaranth Flour, Vegan Breakfasts, Alternative Recipes, Gluten Free Recipes.

Hot Cakes de Avena

You can make your own vegan hot cakes using ground flaxseed instead of the egg. Flaxseed is an option for people wanting to eliminate poultry product from their diets, people who can’t eat poultry or if you were out of eggs this a great solution instead of running to the supermarket haha. I hope you enjoy this Oat Hot Cakes as I did, if you’re out of almond milk or don’t like it, you can replace it with dairy milk or coconut milk. 

If you LOVED this recipe and you want some more, visit and subscribe to my Youtube Channel. Share the link and my recipes with your loved ones. Kisses :-**

Hot Cakes de Avena

No comments:

Printfriendly