Thursday, May 14, 2015

Lemonade


Hi there Chokolovers, how is your day, huh? Today I’m fixing an über refreshing beverage, in the town where I live the weather is so hot and humid most of the year so I thought it will be awesome to make a tasty and refreshing lemonade, I took this recipe from Katie Quinn Davies’ book “What Katie ate”.

This recipe is super easy, first we’re gonna need to prepare a pretty basic syrup and with the lemon juice we’re going to turn it into a delicious and revitalizing lemonade, I liked the idea of the syrupy lemonade because you can save it in your fridge and use it whenever you need it, so if you don’t need to use it immediately, you can squeeze a lot of lemons and limes, prepare this mix, save it and fix you this yummy lemonade for later.



To make this lemonade I used a mix of limes and lemons, I like mixing up some limes in it because this particular bad boy adds a little twist to the recipe complementing it with some acidic taste to the drink… Lime as you know is acid and a little bit tart meanwhile lemons are more aromatic and subtle, I think in particular this mixture delivers a more thirst-quenching treat. As usual I added up some vanilla in it because I love the floral touch it offers to the mix, if you don’t have vanilla or don’t like it in this particular drink you can skip that, in the original recipe isn’t need it.


Lemonade

Published 05/14/2015
Über refreshing lemonade, based on citrus syrup and some sparkling water.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup of sugar
  • ¾ cup of water
  • ½ vanilla bean
  • 3 lemon zest
  • 1 cup freshly squeezed of lemon juice
  • 34 oz sparkling water
  • Mint leaves
  • Ice


Instructions

1. To make the lemonade we need to make a basic syrup first, place the water, the sugar and the vanilla bean in a deep saucepan over high heat. Cook and stirring until the sugar is totally dissolved and the mixture is smooth, do this for about 5 minutes approximately. Turn off the heat and add the lemon zest. Leave syrup to cool completely.


2. Put the syrup in a pitch and mix with the lemon juice, let the lemonade cooled in the fridge at least for an hour or when it’s cool enough for ya! If you want it you can make this mixture a day before so all the flavors stay really impregnated ;-)  


3. Get a glass with some ice, put some lemon slices and mint leaves, add some of the lemon syrup at taste and fill it up with sparkling water.


Yield: 1.5 liters
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.


In the original recipe Katie uses 4 cups of sugar I thought that was an excessive amount of sugar but she also used more lemon juice, even tho I don’t like so many sugar in my drinks I think it defeats the purpose of making it thirst-quenching, also she only used lemons but I added up to the mix some limes for an acidic and sharp twist.


I hope you like this recipe, I guarantee it’s super refreshing! I also recommend to look up for Katie’s book it has some amazing and mouthwatering recipes and it has beautifully photographed food, I can tell you would definitely enjoy it if you give it a try! Have a lovely Thursday and enjoy your weekend, love for you all!  



No comments:

Printfriendly