Tuesday, May 19, 2015

HIBISCUS AND STRAWBERRY TEA

Téa de Jamaica y Fresas
An iced tea it’s an amazing way to go against hot temperatures and sultry weather and this hibiscus and strawberry iced tea is hyper delicious and super refreshing. You might think it’s a wild combination but trust me on this one it’s really something else after you try it. Hibiscus tea is a traditional and popular drink here in Mexico and it’s well known as “agua de jamaica” it’s a really fully flavored beverage and it’s actually one of the most refreshing and hydrating drinks I’ve ever taste. It’s often used or referred as a metabolic cleanser. So I tell you hibiscus is the real deal :P 

This fusion really took place because I had storage some hibiscus flowers at home and a few ounces of strawberries in the fridge, I thought it was a crazy idea but then again I’m kind of a crazy person myself so I was eager to try this mix. This hibiscus and strawberry tea is awesome as it is but if you’re looking for a weekender cheeky drink you can add up some vodka to it.
Téa de Jamaica y Fresas

If your hibiscus and strawberry tea got too strong for you, you can always add more water to the mixture. I think mine got too strong but I usually use to drink a lot of ice with my tea rather than tea with some ice so in about some minutes the tea gets the way I like it. Tip; if you’re mixing it with vodka is way better if the base of hibiscus and strawberry tea got really concentrated.
Téa de Jamaica y Fresas


Coming next I’ll leave you with the recipe, I hope you have the best of weeks, remember to visit my Youtube Channel to watch some videos and leave some comments, if need it I always make the effort to respond all your questions. 

Hibiscus and Strawberry Tea

Vanessa Hernández
Published 05/19/2015
Thirst-quenching hibiscus and strawberry tea or “agua de jamaica” for this spring or sultry weather.

Ingredients

  • 34 oz. of water
  • 5 tablespoons of hibiscus
  • 4 oz. of strawberries
  • Ice
  • Mint leaves
  • Sugar (to taste)

Instructions


  1. To make our tea put 2 cups of water to boil in a small saucepan, then add the hibiscus and let it brew until is cooled. 
  2. Strain the flowers and pour the liquid into a pitch, add your sugar and mix it with the strawberries. Add the rest of the water and let the hibiscus and strawberry tea cooled in the fridge.
  3. Once it’s cooled, get a glass and put some ice and mint leaves in it. If you want that extra sassy and defiant flavor add some vodka and you can turn this drink totally around ;-) !


Yield: 1 liter.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 5 mins.
Tags: Recipe, Hibiscus Tea, Strawberries, Agua de Jamaica, Tea, Iced Tea, Hibiscus, Drinks, Refreshing Drinks, Vodka, Wild Drinks.


Hope you enjoy this exceptional drink and remember to share the recipe or the drink itself with your friends :-P

Téa de Jamaica y Fresas

1 comment:

faryal naaz said...

Nice article. This is so much more than I needed! But will all come in use thanks!
hibiscus tea benefits

Printfriendly