Monday, March 16, 2015

Pineapple Carpaccio


Hi! Happy monday, today i bring you not one, but two recipes on the same post, an aromatic vanilla salt, it's great on dessert and dishes with a sweet touch, and the other recipe, a pineapple carpaccio where you will be able to use the vanilla salt that we made before, this Pineapple carpaccio is ideal for a breakfast, a light lunch or a dessert, the delicious flavor of the pineapple is complemented perfectly with the vanilla salt, it boost the natural flavor of the fruit and has a touch of pomegranate and edible flowers that take it to another level, it looks pretty and tastes great. 




The salt can boost the flavors, It can create stories with our dishes, when thinking of this pineapple carpaccio, I wanted the pineapple to be a singer, and I wanted her voice to be heard loudly, that's why i added a touch of salt. If you are wondering what is that crazy talk of using salt with vanilla, the idea was not 100% mine, on November when I was at the chocolate festival I met Hector Galvan, a Fabulous chocolatier, he has a passion for vanilla just as I do, he told me he cultivates different types of vanilla and they had been requested from all over the world, I was impressed, by him, the notes leather and skin added to his vanillas, It was another dimension, during one of those talks he told me he made a dish with vanilla butter and my mind was blown, so when I made this carpaccio I was inspired on his idea when making the salt, I never tasted the vanilla on something salty, and if you've been reading for a while, I love vanilla on everything, so I rushed to taste it and I was in love with the result, I hope you love this Pineapple carpaccio with Vanilla Salt.

Vanilla Salt

Vanessa Hernández
Published 03/16/2015
A scented salt, super special for your dishes.

Ingredients


  • 250 grs of salt
  • 1 vainilla pod

  • Instructions

    To make the vanilla salt, slice a vanilla by the middle and remove the seeds, put them on a clean vase and add the salt, mix well and done.

    Yield: 250 grs of vanilla salt
    Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
    Cook time: 00 hrs. 00 mins.
    Total time: 10 mins.
    Tags: Vanilla, Salt.

    Carpaccio de Piña, Sal de Vainilla

    These 2 recipes are made for when you want something light. I invite you to our circle, this divine project I started to promote blogging in Mexico, You'll find all kind of blogs, and not only for food!

    Pineapple Carpaccio 

    Vanessa Hernández
    Published 03/16/2015
    Deliciosa ensalada de frutas, piña, granada y flores comestibles con un toque de sal de vainilla.

    Ingredients


  • 1/2 of pineapple
  • 1 tbsp of pomegranate 
  • 1 pinch of vanilla salt
  • Edible flowers
  • Instructions

    1. First peel the pineapple, on youtube I leave you a little video on how to do it, is very easy, with a sharp knife, remove the bottom of the pineapple, then the crown, carefully  remove the skin of the sides, when you finish, remove the eyes or the brown parts of the pineapple.
    2. Chop the pineapple into thin slices and place them on a pretty plate.
    3. Sprinkle the pineapple with the vanilla salt and pomegranate, finally add the edible flowers.
        Yield: 1 portion
        Prep Time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
        Cook time: 00 hrs. 00 mins.
        Total time: 25 mins.
        Tags: Frit, Carpaccio, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Vanilla Salt


        Carpaccio de Piña, Sal de Vainilla



        No comments:

        Printfriendly