Good day, Love and friendship month is barely over, that is why I bring you a short but delicious recipe, to make a quick and cute breakfast a chocolate chips scones. I love scones, they are one of my favorite breakfasts and these ones with chocolate chips I really love, and Omar does too, so much, that he kept sneaking and eating them.
You can make these scones without the chocolate chips and fill them with jam and cream as they are generally eaten, and adding the chips is not really necessary since they alone taste great, here are a couple of tips so they always come out perfect:
- The butter has to be cold from the fridge.
- If possible, the cream has to be cold.
- Freeze the chocolate chips, that way, when adding them to the scones they don’t melt in the oven.
Chocolate Chip Scones
Super easy and quick scones, for a mega delicious breakfast.
· 1 ½ cups of flour
· 1/4 cup of sugar
· 1/4 spoon of baking powder
· 3/4 cups of acid cream or natural yogurt
· 3/4 cups of unsalted butter
· 1 spoon of vanilla
· 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- First things first, pre heat the oven at 180ºC.
- Put in a bowl all the dry ingredients and mix until all the ingredients integrate perfectly, after, add the cream then the butter.
- Mix well the ingredients, trying not to heat a lot the dough, if you want, you can make them in the mixer, using the bread accessory, add the vanilla and the chocolate chips.
- When it is all mixed well together, stretch the dough over a floured Surface, so it doesn’t stick, you can do it with a roll or by hand, here comes your creativity, you can cut the scones in heart shapes or in a more conventional shape.
- Put them on a tray with a silicon sheet over it, bake from 20 to 25 minutes or until they are golden brown. Eat them while hot!
Yield: 8-10 Scones
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: Love, Scones,
Chocolate chips, breakfast
Remember, if you make any recipe, take a picture and share it on Instagram with #chokolapimienta or label me @chokolatpimienta, I'll be super happy seeing how it turned out, every end of the month i'll be making a collage of your pictures and upload it on my social networks, so start labeling, kisses.