Without a doubt Cheese is one of my favorite ingredients, It is so versatile, It’s amazing how some milk and the right technics can become something so different, with so much flavor and complexity. To start the week with a treat I bring you this delicious Cheese fondue recipe, made with Gruyere and edam Cheese, We can make a Meatless Monday to change the routine or a Romantic week start.
There are times in life when we meet incredible people that cross our path, special people that fill us with joy and makes us think that they were meant for us for a reason, we are so different yet so equal at the same time, be it a friend, a couple or just someone special, so how about we pamper them and let them know how we feel about them, I always use food to express how I feel, It might seem weird, but for me it is that way, I think it is the purest way of love, A motherly love, an honest feeling, that is why I always ask my friends what do they love eating, to make them dishes that fill their hearts with joy, and this Gruyere and Edam Cheese is magical, it really is, it fills you with the warmth of home and honest care, it’s so simple, and that’s what makes it perfect.
If you don’t have a fondue set, don’t worry, it’s not the end of the world, you can make it on a small pot and every once in a while you heat it over some water, like if you were making a bath Mary, that way, the direct heat doesn’t cook, it just keeps it warm, I know that you must be thinking that if it a meatless Monday why do the photos have stake in them, well, when I made them it was a weekend and I was specially carnivorous that day, but these cheese fondue is so awesome, that it will make your vegetables taste better, wine does it all.
A Versatile Gruyere and Edam cheese Fondue, with a strong and worm flavor.
· 1 1/2 Cup of White wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
· 1 Tablespoon of Brandy
· 1 3/4 Cups of gruyere cheese
· 1 cup of Edam cheese
· 2 Tablespoons of flour
· 1 Tablespoon o cayen pepper
· Pepper to taste
· Vegetables as side dish
1. Lest start by making the fondue by shopping the cheeses into small bits or grating them if it is easier, mix them with flour and pepper, reserve.
2. On a Fondue pot, add the wine and the brandy, take it to the stove at medium heat until the wine is warm and starts to boil. Little by Little add the cheese mix for it to melt, add it on various groups to be sure that it all melts ok.
3. Remove the pot form the stove and put it over the flame form the fondue set to keep it warm.
4. Use Vegetables, bread or perhaps meat (I used steaks) as side dish.
Yield: 4 a 6 people
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Fondue, gruyere cheese, Edam cheese, Love.
Remember, if you make any recipe, take a picture and share it on Instagram with #chokolapimienta or label me @chokolatpimienta, I'll be super happy seeing how it turned out, every end of the month i'll be making a collage of your pictures and upload it on my social networks, so start labeling, kisses.