Sunday, January 4, 2015

Rosca de Reyes - Magi King´ss Crown



The holidays are still here, and to continue celebrating I wanna show you how to make a easy and divine unconventional Rosca de reyes, please forget the supermarket rosca de reyes and make your own rocas, celebrate with our friends with a unique and original flavor, no one is going to prepare a rosca like this one I sure you, it pays to be original and surprising at the office with this treat.

To give it a different touch I twisted the traditional rosca dough and to make it look like a very elaborated crows, to simulates the gemstones I exposed the fruit and for an extra special glow; I glassed and sprinkle with sugar, ideal for the breakfast or an afternoon with coffee, it is very tasty, if you don't believe me, ask to Baci , it would not leave me alone when I cut a portion.

Rosca de reyes

I don't know why but I have never liked the supermarket roscas, I'm sorry, but I don't like them, I prefer to make my own and make it with all the things I love, like chocolate, cream cheese, nuts or nutella, filling it with tasty things with lots of flavor, because the rosca de reyes is suppose have to have an orange blossom taste not like butter, then I decided to make one rosca by myself and make everyone happy, besides I used to bake this delicious rosca a Le Creuset buffete casserole  to make it more crispy on the sides. I like to braid the rosca not only for aesthetic, it looks more pretty than a simple dough roll, but also because I love to have more crispy bread, all well combined and the fruits everywhere mmmmmm .... I'm going to get a pice of the rosca, all this talk about it made me hungry.


No se porque, pero jamas me han gustado esas roscas del super, lo siento pero no me gustan, prefiero hacerla yo misma y ponerle todo lo que me gusta, como chocolate o queso crema, nueces, nutella, llenarla de cosas ricas y con sabor, porque se supone que debe saber a agua de azahar, no a mantequilla, entonces este año me propuse hacer una y dejar a todos felices, aparte la vamos a hornear en una hermosa cacerola de Le Creuset que va a hacer que nuestra rosca quede mas crocante.  A mi me gusta trenzar la rosca no solo por una cuestión estética,  se ve mas linda que un rollo de masa, si no también porque me encanta que así tiene mas trocitos crocantes y el pan suavecito, todo bien combinado, frutillas por todos lados mmmmmm….. ya vengo voy por un pedacito de rosca que tanto hablarte de ella me dio hambre.

Rosca de reyes

Rosca de reyes

Vanessa Hernández
Published 01/04/2015
This Rosca de Reyes with a twist, super divine and easy to make, with cranberries and peaches.

Ingredients

Preferment
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 4 g of dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon of sugar
  • 2 teaspoons of flour
Dough
  • 4 cups of flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 50 grams of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 orange zest 
  • 1 vanilla pod
  • 60g unsalted of butter
  • 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water
Filling
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 150 grams of dried apricots (apricots)
  • 1/2 cup of cranberries

Barniz
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons of milk
  • Sugar for garnish

Instructions

1. We start by making pre ferment in a bowl, mix the warm milk with yeast, sugar and flour, form a paste and let it stand for about 15-20 min or until doubled in size and shows some bubbles. We need to check that the milk is not too hot for the yeast, so put your pinky in the milk and if you can hold 30 seconds there, it is perfect, if you burn your finger, it will kill the yeast, if you have questions, best leave the milk at room temperature.


2. In the bowl of the mixer (using the hook attachment) add the flour, salt, sugar and pre ferment, knead and add milk followed by the eggs, knead at high speed for 10 min. Then incorporate orange zest, vanilla, butter and orange blossom water, knead for another 10-15 min at high speed to develop the gluten in the dough, when the dough starts to take off the mixer bowl, it is ready.

3. We transfer the dough to a large bowl greased with neutral vegetable oil, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for 1 hour.

4. Roll out the dough on a floured surface, form a rectangle with the dough and roll to extend finely, fill with sugar, apricots and cranberries, then we wind and chop with a knife in half, braid one side with the another.

5. Very carefully transfer the braid bread to a greased pan, we form the crown and decorate with fruits. glase with egg and sprinkle milk and sugar. Let it rise for 30 minutes or until it doubled in size.

6. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden. Cool and serve.

Serves: 2 Roscas
Prep Time: 01 hrs. 50 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 45 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 95 mins.
Tags: Rosca de reyes, Christmas, New Year, Orange, Orange blossom water


Rosca de reyes

If you made the rosca, tell me what do you think, you know I love to see you do my  recipes, I hope your is divine, because mine was gone in a little while, then I ask why I got another extra kilo haha, I send you a hug. Subscribe to my Social network and stay in touch.

   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just made this tonight. Watched the YouTube video first, and then came here for recipe to print. Fue fabuloso! Bien Hecho! Need to point out that the YouTube video says 2 TABLEspoons of flour for the ferment/mother dough, while your recipes (both the English and Spanish) say only 2 teaspoons of flour. My daughter and I didn't think the teaspoons were enough because it was hardly a paste. So we double checked the video and went with 2 TB of flour. It was perfect. We used dried pineapple, dried apricots, and dried cranberries. Yummy-will definitely make this recipe every year for dia de los tres mago reyes.

Printfriendly