Friday, January 30, 2015

Beet and Goat Cheese Salad

Beet and Goat Cheese Salad

Today we start with a Valentine's special, yup... I know that Valentine's day is in 15 days, but on this day when all of us celebrate love and friendship, but to be honest, we should not have a specific date to do this, we should do it every day, so I wanted to prepare a month of love recipes, recipes to pamper you.


Beet and Goat Cheese Salad

We started this recipes series with a delicious beets (beetroot) and goat cheese salad, I love the idea of cutting the beets in to heart shapes and surprise you, to counteract the sweetness of the beets in a salad I used goat cheese and nuts, I added a fruity touch to this salad with a bit of pomegranate, if I'm honest with you I used almost everything I had in my fridge, all I went to buy was a bit of arugula because it combines perfect with the beets, so we ate it with grilled chicken and a glass of red wine, you can not imagine how good everything was, and I am super happy to know that we loved it.

Beet and Goat Cheese Salad 

Vanessa Hernández
Published 01/29/2015
Valentine's special, beet hearts with lettuce, goat cheese, walnuts and pomegranate.

Ingredients

  • 1 boiled beets
  • 3 cups of lettuce (combined)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
  • 2 tsp of olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup of walnuts
  • Goat cheese to taste (about 1/4 cup)
  • 2 tbsp of pomegranate

Instructions


    1. We start by cooking the beets in cold water, we took it to boil until it's tender, that's about 10-15 min or until you insert a knife and it comes out this easy, let it cool so you do not burn at time of cutting.
    2. Cut the beets into thin rounds and then with a cookie cutter in the shape of heart cut them, reserve.
    3. To make the vinaigrette, in a bowl mix vinegar with salt and pepper, mix well so that the salt is dissolved, then add the oil.
    4. In a bowl or directly on the serving dish if you prefer, put a layer of lettuce, then add the coarsely chopped walnuts, add the goat cheese, beets and vinaigrette, finally incorporate the pomegranate.
          Serves: 2 plates
          Prep Time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
          Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
          Total time: 40 mins.
          Tags: Beet,  Salad, Goat Cheese, Valentine´s, Recipe, Nuts, Pomegranate, Healthy Recipe.


          This is a super light salad that goes well alone or with chicken or grilled meat, is very simple and tasty, the cheese gives it a lot of character, if you can't get goat cheese, you can use a cheese with strong flavor or if you do not like beets, test cutting other vegetables in heart shape, this is just an idea to get you inspired, I hope you do it  at home, I send you a big kiss.

          I invite you to follow me in my social networks  FacebookTwitterPinterest, Instagram and my Youtube channel.


          No comments:

          Printfriendly