Thursday, January 15, 2015

4th Anniversary, Angel food Cake


It has been four years sharing recipes with you, how quickly time passes by, how beautiful has been this adventure, when I look back at everything I've learned, everything you've taught me, everything we've done together, Wow my heart shrivels and becomes tiny, it makes a lump in my throat and makes me cries, but out of happiness, knowing that you have followed me, that you have learned so many things, making a better blog has become something I never imagined, I can only say thank you, I cannot say anything else, my heart is immensely happy because to you, every day the first thing I do is see if you wrote, because thanks to you I can make my dream come true and cook every day, because it's you who motivates me to continue.


And since there is no birthday without cake, or well, there are, but it´s more fun and tasty with one, I wanted to make this super delicious raspberry and Orange Blossom water cake, decorated with edible flowers that my friends from Xpicy and Chef Juan Cabrera gave me for the anniversary, I just imagined your face saying WHATTTT? hahaha edible flowers? do I look like a rabbit? well no, I think they look beautiful and add lots of color, texture and beautifulness to anything, so tasty them, just like the orange blossom water that a friend brought me from Mexico DF, it makes me laugh That I usually have my friends looking for the weirdest things for cooking, but once they try the food that I make with them, their face is priceless, I love cooking for them and it fills me with joy when you send to me the pictures of the recipes and you are happy with them, It has made me cry more than once, so lets celebrate the 4th anniversary of Chokolat Pimienta with this delicate and sublime  raspberry and orange blossom water cake.


I would like to invite you to Subscribe to my youtube channel and share any video on twitter with #fanchokolatpimienta, show the world you are our #1 fan.

Angel cake with raspberry and Orange Blossom Water

Vanessa Hernández
Published 01/12/2015
A delicate and super fragrant cake decorated with edible flowers, completely irresistible.

Ingredients

  • 12 egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
  • 275 g of sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water
  • 100 grams of flour
Raspberry Coulis
  • 125 grams of raspberries
  • 2 tablespoons sugar 
Frosting
  • 320 grams of powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup of orange juice
  • 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water
  • Organic flowers

Instructions

  1. We start our cake by making a raspberry coulis, place the raspberries in a pan and add the sugar, then cook them on low heat for about 5 minutes or until fruit is undone and thickened, slip into a fine sieve and reserve the juice .
  2. Pre heat the oven to 350 ° F. Pour the egg whites in the bowl of the blender, add cream of tartar and turn the mixer on medium speed, stir the sugar tablespoon by tablespoon, when all the sugar is incorporated add the vanilla and the orange blossom water.
  3. Sift the dry ingredients and incorporate gradually to the egg whites, once incorporated remove 4 tablespoons of mixture and combine with raspberry coulis.
  4. Add mixture in the angel food cake mold, alternating colors, bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  5. Remove from the oven and place it upside down, let it cool completely, then take it off the mold and placing it in a nice cooling base.
  6. To make the frosting, just mix all the ingredients well and spread evenly over the cake, decorate with beautiful organic flowers.

          Serves: 1 cake
          Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
          Cook time: 00 hrs. 45 mins.
          Total time: 65 mins.
          Tags: Cake, Orange Blossom Water, Raspberries, Birthday, Anniversary, Flower


          Thanks for being with me on this journey and making Chokolat Pimienta what it is today, I send you a big hug and wish you the best, I know you are my #1 fan and mom, you don't count haha, follow me on my social networks FacebookTwitterPinterest, Instagram and my Youtube channel



          No comments:

          Printfriendly