Sunday, December 7, 2014

Mexican Buñuelos

Mexican Buñuelos

Buñuelos, Just like the ones my grandmother made, no, I'm not going to lie, they are not that as good as those, hers were magical, those Buñuelos made me happy just by hearing the frying oil, this is one of those recipes that touches the soul, at least mine, It might not be the healthiest, but it brings joy to my heart.


My grandmother was no chef or anything like that, but she had the touch OMG, life taught her, she made a living for herself selling pastry she made, I loved going to her house to eat bread, and some days when i had a crave, she made this buñuelos that I loved, but I loved hers, my mom made them, but they were not as good, sorry mom, but you know it's true, I would have loved that she would have shared her recipes with me before she passed away, but oh well, I hope to honor her today with this Buñuelos recipe that I share with you.

In Venezuela, we stretch the buñuelos by hand, and I know the traditional recipe uses the knee, but it has the same effect, you think I would do the recipe showing my knee being super sexy? hahaha, you can make them that way or with an inverted bowl, the important thing here is the dough, it has the flavour, the essence.


The Buñuelos's recipe is really simple, it really has nothing to it, I think what makes them magical is the love you put into making them, but that goes for every meal, everything tastes better when it's made with love.

Buñuelos

Vanessa Hernández
Published 12/05/2014
Buñuelos, a family tradition, delicious fried dough, sprinkled with sugar, and childhood memories.

Ingredients



  • 2 cups flour + 1/4 cup for kneading
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of Anis
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 liter of vegetable oil for frying
  • Sugar , honey or brown sugar to taste

  • Instruccions


    1. Place the dry ingredients in a blender, if you have blender you can do it by hand, then incorporates the anis and water, mix well, add the butter and finally the eggs, knead with accessory hook until dough is incorporated perfectly and it stops sticking to the bowl.
    2. Transfer the dough to a multi-use Le Creuset bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 1 hour, then form balls of dough and stretch using the bottom of a bowl, or hands, stretch the finest you can.
    3. Place a Le Creuset skillet over high heat, pour the oil and let it get really hot, fry the buñuelos until they are golden brown on both sides.
    4. Remove buñuelos from the oil and place it on absorbent paper. Sprinkle with sugar, honey  or piloncillo.

    Serve: 12 buñuelos
    Prep Time: 01 hrs. 15 mins.
    Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
    Total time: 1 hrs. 35 mins.
    Tags: Recipe, Buñuelos, Knee Buñuelos, Grandmother Recipe, Mexican Receta.

    Mexican Buñuelos


    And how is your buñuelo recipe? share it with me, I want to know how you make his delicious treats. This recipe got me sentimental, remembering those great childhood moments is something incredible, that some foods can summon those memories, that's magical, I think that is why I live cooking, it brings memories, so I think I´m a magician and I live seeing you smile when you taste the recipe and you like it.

    It smells like christmas, can you feel it? have you made your whish list for Santa? mine is endless, I'm going to do it like I did it when I was a kid, I'm going to do a letter a month before, Santa is really busy on December, so better sent it before hahaha, I hop you like the recipe and make it at home, tell me how it went, It was great for me, it brought back great memories, I hope it does the same thing for you.

    buñuelos de rodilla

    Follow my adventures in the kitchen thru my FacebookTwitterPinterestInstagram and my Youtube channel, Subscribe and be the first to know about new recipes, novelties, releases and contests, if you make this or any other of my recipes,  take a picture and share it with us thru #chokolatpimienta on twitter and Instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, and let me sweeten your days.

                                                                                                                  

    No comments:

    Printfriendly