Monday, September 29, 2014

Mushrooms Tostadas, Meeting Gaby Ruiz


Today's post is very special because Chokolat pimienta leaves the kitchen and gives the spotlight to the chef Gaby Ruiz from the restaurant Gourmet MX from Villahermosa, Tabasco

I've been living for almost a year in Villahermosa, and I constantly battle to find restaurant that I truly like, a little while ago I heard about Gourmet MX, and I had the curiosity to visit them, I made an appointment with the Owner/Chef and it was a pleasant surprise; as you enter the restaurant, you feel the warm and caring environment, with soft lights and walls filled with wine bottles, It's a charming place that gives you a peaceful, confort and elegance feeling.

When I met Gaby, it was a click, she is a very nice and kind person, super cute, that loves cooking like I do, and the best of all, she loves the same thing about food that I do, to share thru it the feelings of warmth, that confort the heart and bring you pleasant memories.

We arrived to the restaurant lat afternoon, and we spent all night talking over her small test kitchen, the same one where we did the video shown bellow.


Gaby graduated from the culinary school from the south west Yucatan, Merida, and with barely 27 years, she is nominated by the magazine Food & Travel on the readers awards as the chef revelation and her restauran is on the contest to be the best new restaurant, click here to vote. 

One of the many things that I found interesting about gaby's gastronimic proposal, is that her menu changes every month, she uses local ingredients from the season, her kitchen is based on the flavour and feelings you get when you eat them, Gaby confess to me that she loves desserts, but she hates making them, Gaby, when you want I can make some to you.

Some times on interviews, they ask you your favourite ingredient, my favourite is vanilla, but I was surprised by Gaby's answer, Salt is an ingredient so important yet so unappreciated at the same time, this left me with a smile, because I never expected that answer.

Well now, to the recipe ;)


From left to right: Gaby Ruiz, Passion fruit drink, Octopus and pressed Chicharron Gordita

Mushrooms Tostadas

Gabriela Ruiz
Published 09/29/2014
The chef Gaby Ruiz from the restaurant Gourmet MX, shares with us one of the new dishes from her menu, a tasty Tostada with mushroom sautéed on garlic and guajillo chile.


Ingredients


  • 1 1/2 cup of sliced ​​mushrooms julienned 
  • 1/2 piece of chile guajillo 
  • 1/2 tablespoon of chopped garlic 
  • 4 tablespoons of olive oil 
  • 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika powder 
  • Salt to taste 
  • 3 tortilla chips 
  • 3 tablespoons of refried beans 
  • 3 tbsp double of cream cheese 
  • 4 leaves of sorrel 
  • 2 tablespoons of mashed guacamole 
  • Chopped red onion





  • Instructions

    1. Thoroughly clean the mushrooms with a paper towel and cut into julienne. 
    2. Heat a skillet over high medium heat and place the garlic, then mushrooms, then place the oil with guajillo chile, sauté for about 3 minutes, add the smoked paprika and salt, cook about 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked . Remove from heat. Book. 
    3. Spread toast with refried beans, then place a spoonful of mushrooms on each toast, sprinkle some cheese on each. 
    4. To assemble the dish to make a decoration with guacamole, place the toast on the plate and garnish with some strips of onion and sorrel leaves.
    Yield: 1 portion
    Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
    Cook Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
    Total: 25 mins.
    Tags: Tostadas, Mushrooms, Garlic, Mexican cuisine.

    Gaby Ruiz
    This experience was super fun, leaving the kitchen and switching roles, see some one else cook and me recording it, It was harder than I expected, but it was Great.

    Here I leave to you Gourmet MX facebook page for you to visit and follow.



    Follow my adventures in the kitchen thru my FacebookTwitterPinterestInstagram and my Youtube channel, Subscribe and be the first to know about new recipes, novelties, releases and contests, if you make this or any other of my recipes,  take a picture and share it with us thru #chokolatpimienta on twitter and Instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, and let me sweeten your days.


                                                              

    No comments:

    Printfriendly