Friday, August 8, 2014

Activated Carbon Skin Mask


Hi guys, today I’ll start a new section of the blog, I'll be bringing beauty tips and personal care products that we can make at home with minimal spending and they are super effective, I promise to be the guinea pig before giving tips that I've never tried.

We start this section with a mask of activated carbon to remove impurities and black spots on the face, I saw this mask for the first time in one of my favorite pagesTantras Urbanos, these Venezuelan girls share a lot of super cute and useful things they recommend, so back to the topic, this mask is super-simple and effective, I tried a few days ago and my skin is still radiant.


The Activated carbon is used to purify or clean, is best known use in medicine or as a water purifier for their porous capacity, it is able to catch mainly organic compounds, so it is marvelous to use as a mask.

Activated Carbon Skin Mask

Ideal for removing black spots

Ingredients

    • 1 capsule or tablet activated carbon 
    • 2 tablespoons of coconut milk 
    • 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
        1. In a mortar, grind the tablet of activated carbon to a fine powder, if you get carbon in capsules, then skip this step.
        2. Place the coconut milk in a bowl and take it to the microwave until hot (30 seconds is usually enough), now sprinkle the gelatin on top. Mix well and incorporate the charcoal.
        3. With a brush (can serve applying foundation) slowly place the mask on the T-zone of the face, forehead and nose, you can apply it to your cheeks or entire face.

        I applied the mask all over my face, it was very easy to remove after about 10 minutes of having it on, it came out very easily and left me a soft and smooth face, rinse your face with a mild soap and cold water to close the pores.


        Hopefully you’ll make this mask at home and see how it works for you, I will do it at least twice a month to get a super clean face, if I'm honest, this mask I works far better than the peeling I've done in the dermatologist and those expensive cleanings that you do at beauty salons, I’m a lot happier, just know, after use, an occasional pimple can surface, but that is because your skin is cleaning itself and letting the impurities out.

        Follow my adventures in the kitchen thru my FacebookTwitterPinterestInstagram and my Youtube channel, Subscribe and be the first to know about new recipes, novelties, releases and contests, if you make this or any other of my recipes,  take a picture and share it with us thru #chokolatpimienta on twitter and Instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, and let me sweeten your days.

        Printfriendly