Monday, July 14, 2014

Peas and Asparagus Risotto


While the risotto is a recipe usually made on cold days, this combination of asparagus and peas is super fresh and delicate, soft flavours and creamy texture, you won't just eat one dish of this this Italian rice, you´ll want many more! with an unexpected touch of bacon, It is very good, if you are vegetarian, you can skip this succulent ingredient and It will be just as wonderful. 

Inspired by the fresh ingredients that are available in the market at this time of year (asparagus) and wanting to make a different dish, I tested this combination with amazing results, let me tell you that my husband does not like any of these plants and he loved the recipe, it's now his favourite risotto recipe.



Use a dry white wine, which are ideal when cooking for contributing acidity, I've never tried this Mexican wine, I liked the fruity flavour that it gave to the risotto combined with vegetables, they made layers of different and fresh flavours, ideals for this time of year that's so warm.

Peas and Asparagus Risotto


Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion 
  • 1 clove of garlic 
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil 
  • 1 cup Arborio rice 
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine 
  • 1 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth 
  • 1 cup chopped asparagus 
  • 1/4 cup frozen peas 
  • 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter 
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese 
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped bacon 
  • 1 tsp. parsley 
  • salt and pepper to taste



1. The Heat over medium heat the flower pan, pour the olive oil and add the onion and garlic, cook from 5 to 7 min. or until the onion becomes translucent, then add the rice and fry it for 3-5 min.

2. Immediately incorporate the wine and cook until it evaporates, slowly pour the hot broth over the rice, stirring constantly, when the rice is al dente, it will take about 20 min. approximately.

3. Add asparagus and peas, cook for 1 minute more. Finally add the butter and cheese, mix well and add a touch of bacon and parsley. Serve with a glass of white wine.

Here I leave the video as usual so you can see better how to prepare this rich recipe.





Tags: Risotto, Rice, Italian, Asparagus, Peas, Bacon, Summer

If you like the glamor Le Creuset Dijon Flower Cocotte that I use in the recipe it can be purchased at my online store, I invite you to go and give a look at all the beautiful things there.

Follow my adventures in the kitchen thru my FacebookTwitterPinterestInstagram and my Youtube channel, Subscribe and be the first to know about new recipes, novelties, releases and contests, if you make this or any other of my recipes,  take a picture and share it with us thru #chokolatpimienta on twitter and Instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, and let me sweeten your days.


No comments:

Printfriendly