Monday, July 7, 2014

Citrus Cake


This week I'm celebrating, July arrived with a lot if good and pretty things, did you see my recipe at Megasilvita, a beautiful Spanish blog and I'm sure you saw my new Online Store full of pretty props for your kitchen, I hope your orders will be coming soon, if so, I'll send to you a little surprise with your orders.

Today I will show you how to make an easy citrus cake, I made it in a Pepper Cocotte, I'm sure you were not expecting that, the good thing is that these pots are for everything, I love this new model and I wanted to prepare something in there to celebrate all the good things that have been happening. 



With fresh and summery flavours, this super spongy and delicate cake It's so simple to make, to show you that its not hard to make a delicious cake in a short while, I'm making it by hand, no mixer, there are no excuses, It's really easy to make.


Citrus Cake

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup of sugar 
  • 1 cup of flour 
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda 
  • 1 pinch of salt 
  • 1 egg 
  • 1/2 cup of  plain yogurt 
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil 
  • 1 tablespoon grated orange, lemon and lime 
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract 
  • Juice of 1/2 orange 
  • Icing sugar
Tags: Dessert, Cake, Citrus, Orange, Lemon, Lime, Cocotte

Instructions

  1. Pre heat the oven to 180 ºC or 350ºF. Cover your cocotte with butter and flour. Reserve. 
  2. In a bowl, pour the dry ingredients and reserve. 
  3. In another mixing bowl combine the egg, the yogurt and the lemon, lime and orange zests. Then add the vanilla, the olive oil and the orange juice. 
  4. Slowly pour the dry ingredients in the mixture and beat until they are well combined. 
  5. Pour the cake mixture into the cocotte, bake for 25-30 minutes or until cake is golden brown. 
  6. Cool the cake completely before removing from pan. Garnish your cake with a little bit of icing sugar on top.
As you know, if you like the kitchen accessories I use on my videos, you can buy them at my online shop Chokolat Pimienta Shop, for now I only do national shippings (Mexico), but if you like something in particular, write me and we'll try to find a way.



I wait for your comments of the recipe, if you have doubts, please write a comment here or in my Facebook  and I'll gladly answer, remember that the blog feeds on your comments and I would love to know more about my readers. 

Follow my adventures in the kitchen thru my FacebookTwitterPinterestInstagram and my Youtube channel, Subscribe and be the first to know about new recipes, novelties, releases and contests, if you make this or any other of my recipes,  take a picture and share it with us thru #chokolatpimienta on twitter and Instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, and let me sweeten your days.

No comments:

Printfriendly