Monday, June 2, 2014

Ispahan Cheesecake


Last week it was my mother's birthday and I wanted to prepare something special, so I made this delicious cheesecake, using Pierre Hermé's desserts as an inspiration, If you don't know who am i talking, this amazing french pastry chef is famous for his beautiful desserts and his exceptional flavour combinations, that's why I mixed my mother's favourite dessert, with one of Pierre's flavour combinations, Ispahan (Raspberries, Lychee and rose water) and since my mother loves strawberries cheesecake, I changed raspberries from the original equation, and as a result we have a delicious cake with soft flower notes and a perfect touch of acidity from the strawberries, to give it a nice touch, I covered it with grounded pistachios and edible gold dust.

Strawberry, Lychee and Rosewater Cheesecake

Vanessa Hdz
Crispy cookies base, sumptuous cream filling, lychees and rosewater, decorated with pistachios and fresh strawberries, the ideal dessert to celebrate mom's birthday.

Ingredients


    Base
    • 1 packet of maria biscuits 
    • 4 tablespoons of vanilla sugar 
    • 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted

    Filling
    • 500 grams of cream cheese 
    • 250 ml of sour cream 
    • 4 eggs 
    • 350 grams of lychee 
    • 1 tablespoon of rose water 
    • 3/4 cup of vanilla sugar 
    • Strawberries 
    • Pistachios


    Yield: 8 Portions
    Prep Time: 02 hrs. 00 mins.
    Tags: Cheesecake, Strawberries, Cream Cheese, Lychees, Pistachios, Vanilla, Rose water.

    I hope you will be encouraged to prepare this recipe at home, it is extremely simple, the only thing that it requires is attention to detail and the cooking time, this cake has become a favourite of my customers at the bakery, I assume more for its flavour, comes from the love that I put making it, I hope it will become your favorite too.


    Follow my adventures in the kitchen thru my FacebookTwitterPinterestInstagram and my Youtube channel, Subscribe and be the first to know about new recipes, novelties, releases and contests, if you make this or any other of my recipes,  take a picture and share it with us thru #chokolatpimienta on twitter and Instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, and let me sweeten your days.

    No comments:

    Printfriendly