Monday, May 26, 2014

Mexican Salad


A quick and easy recipe for those days when we are super busy and don't even have time to eat, I bring you this week a salad with a Mexican accent and a tex-mex touch, shredded chicken seasoned with cumin and cilantro in a tortilla basket, fresh lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avocado, some manchego or cheddar cheese and a little tex-mex tortilla crisp, It’s mouthwatering, this salad is super rich, I assure you can’t eat just one salad, I couldn't. 

I created this recipe especially for the little ones in the house, who sometimes find it hard to eat, they are full of color and flavors that make you want more; I made my salad baskets in a mini cocottes because they are colorful and it gives life to the table, but you can make these in a cupcakes mold or in a dish that can go in to the oven.


Mexican Salad

Fresh and colorful tortilla baskets stuffed with a rich chicken salad, lettuce, tomatoes and avocado with a touch of cheese and crisp tortilla tex-mex style.

Ingredients


    • 4 corn or wheat tortillas
    • Shredded chicken seasoned with cilantro and cumin 
    • Lettuce 
    • Cherry Tomatoes 
    • Avocado 
    • Cheddar cheese 
    • Crisp tortilla tex mex style 
    • Lemon



                  Yield: 4 Portions
                  Tags: Tortillas, Salad, Mexican, Avocado, Tomato, Cheese, Cooking for Kids

                  Find more of my recipes in the Kena Cocina magazine May, 12 easy and delicious recipes to share with family, sorbets, sandwiches, pizzas and more, remember you can download the magazine in the App store of Apple or Google Play, only search applications and start enjoying my recipes for free.


                  If you loved the Le Creuset utensils used for this recipe, go to Le Creuset Mexico page and check the prices and where to buy them. Follow my adventures in the kitchen thru my FacebookTwitterPinterestInstagram and my Youtube channel, Subscribe and be the first to know about new recipes, novelties, releases and contests, if you make this or any other of my recipes,  take a picture and share it with us thru #chokolatpimienta on twitter and Instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, and let me sweeten your days.

                  No comments:

                  Printfriendly