Saturday, April 5, 2014

Carrot Cake, Easter recipe


 Spring is here! the flowers begin to appear, the heat is accentuated and everything is full of color and if you live in villahermosa (Mexico) also the heat ;) today's post is a recipe that I love, a delicious carrot cake, full of the seasonal vegetables, fresh fruit and all the color of spring. With a fresh and vibrant touch, this carrot cake will make you smile, it's full of flavour, crunchy and soft textures, with a delicious cream cheese top and fresh fruit. 

  I hope you enjoy as much as I do this spring, the Easter Bunny fill you with gifts and prosperity, enjoy cooking, planting flowers, fruits and vegetables, create a colourful world for your family.





Carrot Cake

A classic dessert, taken to another level.


Ingredients


  • 3/4 cup of coconut oil 
  • 3/4 cup of sugar 
  • 2 tablespoons of maple syrup 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 tablespoon of vanilla 
  • 1 cup of grated carrots 
  • 1 cup of flour 
  • 1 tablespoon of baking powder 
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt 
  • 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon 
  • 1/4 teaspoon of ginger 
  • 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg 
  • 1/4 tsp of cardamom 
  • 1 pinch of cloves 
  • 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts 
  • 1/2 cup of chopped almonds



Tip: To make the cream cheese cream, beat 1 stick of cheese whit 5 tablespoons of icing sugar

Yield: 4 servings 
Prep Time: 01:00 hour 
Tags: Carrots, Easter cake,  cream cheese, cake.

I hope you like the recipe and share it with your family and friends. Follow my adventures in the kitchen through my FacebookTwitterPinterest, Instagram  and my Youtube channel, subscribe to them and be the first to find out about new recipes, releases, news and contests, if you do this or any other of my recipes, take a picture and share it with me through the # chokolatpimienta on twitter and instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, let me sweeten your day!

Printfriendly