Sunday, February 2, 2014

Multigrain Hot Cakes, a healthy breakfast


 The Hot Cakes or Pancakes are one of my favorite breakfasts,they are easy, quick and you can make them of many flavours or basic and accompany them with many goodies, today I bring you a super healthy and delicious recipe that adds color and an unmatched flavour to your mornings, these pancakes are full of fiber and will provide you energy for your work or your daily activities without feeling hungry mid-morning (that always happens to me, with a mixture of 6 types of grain such as wheat, corn, rye, oats, brown rice and flaxseed these fantastic pancakes are light and smooth, with a touch of maple and fresh raspberries to make your breakfast a special moment.

 I want to confess that this recipe was an experiment, a few days ago I was in the store and I found this grain mixture of Bobs Red Mill and I found it interesting to test, so originally I was going to do some multigrain waffles, but they didn't turn out well, now as hot cakes, it was a wonderful success.

 Don't worry if you can't find the multigrain mixture, which is very difficult in some countries, but you can still use the recipe, substitute rice flour and 6 grains flour per common flour and you can have a delicious basic hot cakes.

Multigrain Hot Cakes 

A healthy breakfast, perfect to start the day full of energy.


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup of flour 
  • 1/4 cup of Bobs Red Mill's brown rice flour  
  • 1/4 cup of Bobs Red Mill's 6 grains mixture  
  • 1 egg 
  • 1/2 cup of cream 
  • 1/2 cup of whole milk 
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon 
  • 3 tablespoons of sugar 
  • Maple syrup 
  • Fresh raspberries 
  • 1 tablespoon of baking powder 
  • 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract 
  • 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil

 If you find the buttermilk, you can replaced the cream, milk and lemon juice for 1 cup of buttermilk. 

  You can cool the spare hot cakes, save them in a Ziploc bag and they'll be fresh in your freezer for up to 1 month when you want to use them, let lose the cold for a while and then heat them in a pan, they will be as fresh as the time you made them.

Servers: 4 Portions
Tags:Hot cakes, Pancakes, Multigrain, maple syrup, raspberries, Breakfast, Healthy.

 I hope you like the recipe and share it with your family and friends. Follow my adventures in the kitchen through my FacebookTwitterPinterest, Instagram  and my Youtube channel, subscribe to them and be the first to find out about new recipes, releases, news and contests, if you do this or any other of my recipes, take a picture and share it with me through the # chokolatpimienta on twitter and instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, let me sweeten your day!



No comments:

Printfriendly