Monday, February 17, 2014

Green Mole de olla with Chicken


The "mole de olla" is a delicious broth typical of Mexican cuisine, is a mixture of spices and chilies what makes it so special, today I'll show you how to prepare this unique dish. My friends from Le Creuset days ago organised a fantastic competition and this was the winning recipe, I must say that it was a surprise when they was asked to me if I could prepare it for you guys, I felt very intimidated because Mexican cuisine is not my forte, for that I need classes haha, I have to learn how to use the chiles, so when you're watching the video think that both of us are learning how to make the recipe, I didn't know it at all haha, I learned do doing it, so you can too, it is very simple and very tasty.


Green Mole de olla with chicken
A typical Mexican dish, with an interesting note.

Ingredients

  • 1 kilo of chicken thighs
  • 3 green squash
  • Squash blossoms to taste
  • 2 xoconostles
  • 8 green tomatoes
  • Green tree chile (or serrano) to taste
  • 1 onion
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 1 sprig of cilantro
  • 1 sprig of mint
  • 1 sprig of green epazote 
  • 1 litre of water
  • 1 tablespoon of oil
  • lemon
  • salt

Yield: 6 Portions
Prep Time: 1:30 aprox.
Tags: Mole, Mole de Olla, Mole Verde, Pollo

I hope you like the recipe and share it with your family and friends. Follow my adventures in the kitchen through my FacebookTwitterPinterest, Instagram  and my Youtube channel, subscribe to them and be the first to find out about new recipes, releases, news and contests, if you do this or any other of my recipes, take a picture and share it with me through the # chokolatpimienta on twitter and instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, let me sweeten your day!

No comments:

Printfriendly