Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Vanilla, Rose Water & Berries Cake / Celebrating our 3 Birthday



 This week we are celebrating our anniversary, can you believe it? it's been 3 years since I started this trip, it seems almost unreal, it began as a hobby, it became my job, my life, today I can not imagine waking up without the first thing in the morning being turning on the computer to view the blog, to read yours comments on social networks or how many new fans I have on youtube.

 When I go back to the first posts and I see the pictures, They makes me laugh so much but at the same time, they makes me very happy, because I can see everything I've grown, went from knowing nothing of what I was doing (rather than cooking) to learn photography, food styling, learn programming language to change a few things on the blog, learn how to edit with programs that had never used in my life, thanks to this and to you, I have learned many things and the best thing, I still have a lot to learn. It fills me with joy to know, reading your comments and answering your questions, knowing that they are there for me (as I'm here for you) my fans are my friends, my companions, So today to celebrate big I bring this super cake recipe of vanilla and rose water (I love vanilla and rose water lately too, I put it on everything) with a softly infused vanilla cake and vanilla syrup with rose water flavour enhancer, filled with more whipped cream scented rose water and berries to top it and make it super- wowwwww!



Vanilla, Rose Water & Berries Cake 

Vanessa Hernández

A softly infused vanilla cake with vanilla and rose water syrup, filled with whipped cream scented with rose water and red fruit, a delight to celebrate our birthday.

Ingredients

    Cake

    • 200grams of unsalted butter 
    • 200 grams of sugar 
    • 1 pinch of salt 
    • 4 eggs 
    • 200 grams of flour 
    • 1 tablespoon of baking powder 
    • 1/4 cup of milk 
    • The seeds of a vanilla pod

    Syrup

    • 1/2 cup of sugar 
    • 1/2 cup of water 
    • The shell of the vanilla pod used earlier 
    • 1 tablespoon of rose water

    Cream

    • 1/2 cup of whipping cream
    • 1/2 tablespoon of rose water
    • Berries



    Tips:
    When making the syrup, add the rose water when it's cold, so it does not evaporate and the smell is lost. 

    Add whipped cream and the rosewater at the end, if you like you can add a little powdered sugar, depending on how sweet you want it.


    Yield: 6 Portions
    Tags: Vanilla cake, rosewater, celebration, birthday

     I hope you like the recipe and share it with your family and friends. Follow my adventures in the kitchen through my FacebookTwitterPinterest, Instagram  and my Youtube channel, subscribe to them and be the first to find out about new recipes, releases, news and contests, if you do this or any other of my recipes, take a picture and share it with me through the # chokolatpimienta on twitter and instagram. Kisses and hugs for you, let me sweeten your day!


    No comments:

    Printfriendly