Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Couscous summer salad


These days I've been away from the blog felt like an eternity, three weeks of moving, stuck in a hotel room, house hunting like crazy, knowing a little the  town (Villahermosa, Tabasco) and enjoying my friends, not everything has gone as I expected, but it´s ok .... and urged me to come back, to be with you, although I have not been off at all, It's not the same, I miss cooking,  making recipes and eating good food haha, because the food at the hotel where I was staying ... Left a lot to be desired (I remember ordering Golden Tacos the first night and they were burnt), luckily one of my greatest friends lives here, who received me graciously at home, almost every lunchtime with delicious meals and good talk.

Lest I forget, today I bring you a quick post of one of the first meals I made in my new home, is a summer salad of couscous, refreshing and light.


I struggled a bit Adjusting to this new apartment, we have been in constant renovation since we moved, from  painting the varnished dark brick walls painted white, you read that well, varnished, to waiting for a piece of needed to install my kitchen, see lots and lots of boxes stacked one by one, go guessing where my husband and the movers packed everything, but I must confess that what had me the most worried was not knowing how my bunny Chepy was during this time, the day the moving truck got here, I was happy to see the boys bring her cage, It was the most beautiful day, I didn't even greet them, I just snatched the cage to saw my little bunny ; )

I will fully return to the blog on august, announcing the winners of my birthday contest, making their recipes and creating new delicious dishes to share with you, for now I leave this salad recipe..

Couscous  summer salad

1/2 cup couscous
1/2 cup hot water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 large tomato
2 tablespoons onion
12 black olives
1/4 cup feta cheese
1 tablespoon of parsley
salt and pepper


To make the salad, start hydrating the couscous, place the couscous in a large bowl and pour the boiling water, oil and a touch of salt, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit for 5-7 minutes, when it has absorbed all water, separate it using a fork, let it cool and reserve.

Cut into small squares the tomato, cheese and onion, then finely chop  the olives and parsley in slices, add all the ingredients in the bowl of couscous, then season with salt and pepper, add as a finishing touch the vinegar and mix well . Serve at room temperature.

Here is how my new home is comming, obviously I started organizing what I like fist ;) I put this shelf in the dining room to have on hand my cookbooks, dishes and favorite Le Creuset pans, I still have much to organize, but moving is always like this, apadting to the new space etc., etc..


Prepare this recipe that is super rich, if you have another version, share it with us. Follow my adventures in the kitchen through my  FacebookTwitterPinterest & Instagram pages and if you do this or any other of my recipes, take a picture and share it with me through the # chokolatpimienta on twitter and instagram.

No comments:

Printfriendly