Monday, May 20, 2013

Raspberry and blueberry shortcake



After an intense week of photo shoot and a lot of things that happened, I take a moment to relax and make this recipe, I found flipping through one of my favorite magazines (Martha Stewart Everyday food) saw it and fell in love with it immediately, it looked so delicious that I did not want to wait to try it, so I immediately started baking it, I made some changes as some of the ingredients are not available  where I live, so like everything in life, I adapted it to the circumstances, but without losing the essence, which is the most important thing.

Here I leave the original recipe, the changes of which I spoke before are not dramatic, but I assume affect the texture of the rolls, the original recipe uses buttermilk, which I can't find here, so the option that I found most reasonable was replaced by something that could bring the same touch of acidity, so change it to plain yogurt. I do not know if they were as they should be according to the recipe, but me and my husband loved it; I ate them warm out of the oven, on the next day's breakfast and afternoon again, this time with ice cream and more fruit, they are delicious, super quick to make, I hope you like them and will be excited to try them.




Makes 8 servings / Preparation time: 50 min approx.

Ingredients

2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
110 g unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup cream
1/4 cup plain yogurt or buttermilk
1 cup raspberries

8 tablespoons confectioner's sugar for garnish
Vanilla Ice cream
Raspberries and blueberries


Combine in a food processor or blender the flour with baking powder, sugar, salt and butter, beat until small crumbs form this sandy butter or dough. Then add the remaining ingredients and whisk until it is combined, do it little by little to not over beat it, if you prefer you can do this step by hand with a spatula.

Pre heat the oven to 200 ° C or 400° F.
Cover a baking sheet with waxed paper. Using an ice cream scoop form 8 pieces of dough of similar size, place them one by one on the tray, cover each portion with a tablespoon confectioner's sugar (optional) and then cool them for 15 min.

Remove from the refrigerator and bake for 25-30 min or until golden brown. Let them cool on a rack. Eat them alone or accompanied with ice cream, raspberries and blueberries to taste.

Try making strawberry shortcake or blueberry, cherry, the combination are endless, go ahead and try this recipe at home, you will see that you will love it; you know you can follow my recipes through my FacebookTwitterPinterest and  Instagram pages and if you do this or any other of my recipes, take a photo and share them with the community through Chokolat Pimienta with the  #chokolatpimienta on twitter and instagram.

3 comments:

Dina said...

this looks so good! i love the addition of raspberries.

carolina said...

espectaculares vane!!....acabo de ver tu blog y por aqui me quedo...o mejor dicho te llevo a mi readers....saludos!!

Vanessa Hernandez said...

Gracias Carolina.. un abrazo

Printfriendly